Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools?

Stephen thought that I should say that I am pregnant in my blog post tonight, to be followed quickly by "APRIL FOOLS!!", but I didn't think it was a good idea.

(I'm not. At all. Don't worry!)

However, this day does raise a question...
WHY??

Why have a special day for pulling pranks on people? I'm usually opposed to practical jokes in general. I just don't think they are funny most of the time.

Well, to be honest, I like it when they happen to other people, or when I see them on tv or in movies. That's cool. But I'm not a fan when they happen to me.

Does this make me hypocritical? Maybe... I'm ok with that.

To steal from my sister's blog, we'll call this a borrowed "Talk Thursday".
Do you like April Fools Day/practical jokes?
Do you like them better if they happen to other people instead of you?
Do you like planning and delievering practical jokes?

Let's hear your thoughts!!

2 comments:

  1. The pregnant April Fool's joke was my idea, but when Heather actually typed it out in a post, I said, "Whoa. Whoa. Whoa, whoa whoa. Whoa."

    I enjoy practical jokes a la Jim Halpert. I think my favorite is when he wrapped Dwight's desk and chair in wrapping paper, except there wasn't really a desk or chair inside. I don't think I've done many practical jokes myself, probably because I'm too kindhearted. I do, on occasion, scare people as they come around the corner, a behavior I learned from my dad. It's much more fun to be the scarer than the scaree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to agree with Stephen and say that Jim gift-wrapping Dwight's desk was one of my favorites. Along with the pennies in the phone, the tic-tac/computer thing. Ok, I lie...the best one was where he was sending Dwight texts from "the future" and then he knocks the coffee out of Stanley's hand. Classic! Ok, now to your questions....

    I like April Fool's. But only when I have someone to pull pranks on. I like doing them and don't even mind them being done to me as long as they're in the spirit of the season and not for cruelty's sake. One of the best ones I was ever a part of was when we switched out EVERYTHING from my friend Sarah's room with her brother's. Hilarious. And one of the best that was ever pulled on me was when our semester missionary hung together my silver Christmas ornaments to look like testicles all over my ceiling. Oh yeah, I just said "testicles" on your blog. Twice. =)

    I just wish I knew more people that were kosher with pranking....

    Nice borrowed Talk Thursday, sis! =)

    ReplyDelete