Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Does it surprise you I got hooked?

GLEE!

It's true, I watch Glee. And I like it.

I like the music, the twists on songs, and the vocals are pretty good.

Would I be disappointed if there was less drama? NO! But I'll watch it even if there is drama.

I liked this week's episode. It was Madonna-inspired. I'm not a huge Madonna fan, but I know some of the songs and like some of the songs.

But it was the Glee-twist that I really liked.
And I liked that there was more singing-less drama this week. Of course there are the classic love/drama elements, which are mostly annoying at this point, and the rivalry thing, which is also old. But the show is best when it focuses on music and not drama, and I think they are getting into that rhythm better with this season.

Also, I love the guest starts!

Season one brought Kristin Chenoweth, one of my all-time favorite performers. She was the original Galinda/Glinda in Wicked, one of my favorite musicals. I liked her on Glee! And I saw that she is going to be on again next week and I am super excited.

Last week, Idina Menzel was on, and she is also incredible. I wish they'd had her sing! She was the original Elphaba/Wicked Witch in Wicked, along-side Kristin Chenoweth. I think it would be super amazing if they were on the show together!

But, I am most excited for NPH! That's right, Neil Patrick Harris is supposed to appear on Glee this season and I CAN'T WAIT! I adore NPH. I think he is so talented and soooo hilarious. I think it is apparent that I am stoked for his appearance.

I have downloaded a ton of Glee song-versions from iTunes and I must say, I listen to them a lot. I think if I had known about Glee before it started, I would have wanted to audition. Glee is so my kind of thing. I loved singing in high school and I wish we'd had a show choir. I did musical theatre, which was AMAZING, but I think show choir is more my taste.

I love musicals and I am constantly wishing that my life was more like a musical. I don't sing as much (or as well) as I used to, and I miss it.

So I'll live vicariously through Glee. At least, as far as the singing goes.

And when I'm alone, I'll belt my favorite musical tunes and pretend I'm in a crowded hallway somewhere where no one notices me singing a poignant ballad.

3 comments:

  1. I totally would have auditioned as well-- I would love to do that! And I always think-- my voice is at least as good as "so-and-so's"... Maybe I'm a singing snob?

    And hurray for NPH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that too! And when I sing along to the songs I've downloaded, I think, I could totally take that person's part... Maybe that makes us snobby, or maybe it makes us awesome.
    We should start our own "Glee"! I think we're making a start with the musical, although I've been forgetting to work on it... Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree with the 'glee is better when its more about the music and less about the drama' and think that it can be said for just about any show.
    case and point: grey's anatomy. like the first few seasons when it was all about their jobs as doctors and not about who slept with who

    ReplyDelete