Saturday, April 17, 2010

Reader Discretion is Advised

I would say 'Happy Saturday', but this is one of the blackest Saturdays I've ever faced.

The story I am about to share is not for the faint of heart. It will disturb you.

This I promise.

I know you were all looking forward to a weekend listing.
I was.

But, sometimes things happen that change your whole life.

This is one of those stories.

Stephen and I were headed to Wal-Mart this afternoon to buy groceries.

We made our list and we were all set to go. I just needed to grab something to go over the shirt I had on.

So I went to my closet and put on my brown hoodie-type thing.

***********(This is where it gets awkward/awful)*****************

I was about to zip it up when I felt something in my shirt.

Assuming it was just hair, I reached to remove it.

It was a spider.

A SPIDER!

It had been roosting on my brown hoodie-type thing and crawled onto me.

I flipped.

I stripped.

I screamed.

And started shaking and crying.

(I shudder just thinking back. Big convulsive shudders)

So Stephen came in to see what the commotion was and I less than calmly screamed "Spider in my shirt!!!"

So he searched the floor, found the spider and killed it.

I couldn't stop shaking.

I was convinced it bit me.

I am still convinced it bit me.

So, if in a few days I die, or become Spider-woman, be on alert.

This could happen to you. I wasn't prepared. But I am now.

Stephen will not only bug-check my slippers, but he will be spider checking my entire closet before I will go near it.

I may never wear that brown hoodie-thing again.

Let my story caution you. I hope none of you have to face the horrors that I did. I hope none of you have to go to sleep at night and dream about the spider that attacked you.

(This is a Public Service Announcement and a true story)

7 comments:

  1. Ewww! Bugs are on the attack! First me earlier this week-- and now you and the spider...

    Remember the spider living on my choir dress? I am still horrified-- and I wasn't even wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now an expert at detecting and getting rid of icky sticky spiders (as noted on my fb status). I suppose I owe my incredible bug skills to Anna for being a wimp and forcing me to deal with the bugs in our dorm room, apartment, and Africa! So sorry I am too far away to be of assistance!

    P.S. if you DO turn into spider-women will you fly me around from building to building using your web, like in the movies? please please please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just glad I was not there for that. I would have had the bug spraying man there as fast as possible!

    I get big shudders just thinking about it all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em-- ABSOLUTELY! We'll web it up, New York style, cause that's where all the superheros go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i vote for the spiderwoman thing too!

    [and cant you just wash the happy brown hoodie-type thing?]

    ReplyDelete
  6. heheheheh... sorry, i tried to come up with something a little more sympathetic. really! i did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janna: It would be pretty sweet. But I don't think this spider was radioactive. Though, to be fair, I didn't look at it too closely. I was busy.

    Zac: The first time you comment on my blog, you laugh at my pain? Yep, that sounds about right. :)

    ReplyDelete