Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Brainfreeze

Some days, it feels like I've eaten a lot of ice cream really fast.

Not so much in my tummy, but in my head.

Like I have constant brainfreeze.

I don't do much. I sit at home and apply for jobs and watch tv and read books.
My outlets for creativity are limited.

Some days, I just need an extra push.

For example, the day I wrote the story about Bebo and Baben; I was at "work" (a week-long temp job) and I was finished with the novel I took to read. So I was writing Stephen a note and I started writing the Bebo story.

In college, I had to be creative for my classes. I was graded on my creative prowess (I really just wanted to use the word 'prowess'). So I had an impetus, a reason to work my brain muscles.

Lately, I feel my brains turning into wet noodles. I can't seem to find the motivation to flex my intellectual muscles.

Part of me wants to go back to school, to get my Masters, just so I have something to do. I suppose a job would almost work as well, but since I'm looking for a receptionist-type job, I don't know how much I'll be challenged.

And I'm beginning to feel like I want to be challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment