Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weekend listing-- Easter edition!

Happy Easter!

Today's Easter listing is provided by my lovely and amazing friend, Janna Laugherty.

She happened to write me a list on facebook about how carrots mean Easter and I loved it so much, I asked her if I could share it with you!

Of course, she obliged, because she is so great.

So , to quote Janna:

"I am going to tell you how carrots mean Easter.
[clears throat here]

*Carrots are the food that rabbits eat
*Rabbits have a lot of babies
*Lots of babies means new life
*New life means somebody had to die
*Jesus died
*And came back to life
*To give us life
*Just like the baby rabbits have life
*Because their parents eat carrots.

And that my friend, is how carrots means Easter."

I feel super blessed to be spending Easter with my amazing husband. We went to church this morning, came home and cooked an Easter feast (it was good; included carrots!), and took an Easter nap.

TONIGHT!!!!!! Tonight, we are going to Colombus Avenue Baptist to see an African children's choir! I am so excited! At SBU, my favorite chapels were the ones with the children's choirs.
If they sing my favorite song tonight, I might just take one home.

Then, my loving husby will bring me home where we have a delicious strawberry cheesecake awaiting us in the refridgerator! What an Easter!

I hope you have a blessed Easter with your family and loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment