Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday-- Weekend Listing-style

It's 9:30pm.

For some reason, any time after 8pm feels late these days.

That is probably really sad and incomprehensible to most people my age.

And I agree.

I'm only 23. I am plenty young to stay up late and go out and do things.

But I don't feel that way. I feel old these days. There are a lot of things I did when I was in college that I feel too old to do now.

So (HIMYM-style), here are the top 10 things on my Murtaugh list:
(for those of you not in the know, Murtaugh is a character from the movie Lethal Weapon who always says "I'm too old for this stuff." I've never seen the movie, but this idea is used in an episode of How I Met Your Mother.)

10. Stay up past 12pm
9. Wake up later than 10am
8. Listen to music really loud like I did in Bolivar
7. Eat pizza for more than 2 meals in a row
6. Dance in public
5. Wander the mall for hours and hours
4. Have movie (or TV show) marathons
3. Drink coffee past 6 or 7pm
2. Make friends
And the number 1 thing I'm too old to do:
Go to Wal-Mart later than 7pm!

And there we have it!

In all reality, I'm probably not too old yet to do most of these things.

But, I stick by my list. Any challengers?

6 comments:

  1. remember the good ol' days of our gilmore girls marathon????
    i think i gained 20 or more pounds through that 24 hour period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. It's so true! I can hardly stand to sit through more than 2 episodes of TV (unless they are super short ones). Maybe that's my ADD... And I never seem to make it to midnight anymore. If I drink coffee after 6 I lie awake in bed... When I eat pizza for any meal I have to take a pill for acid reflux. Pretty much everyday I take a pill for acid reflux

    Probably the only thing I still do is listen to really loud music in my car. Just to drown out my singing.

    And the 4th Lethal Weapon is the only one I've seen and I must say that I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote out a comment and now I don't see it... BOO. I'm too old for this stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janna: That was the best of times and the worst of times. It was the best, cause that is when we became great friends! It was the worst, cause I have never felt as sick from junk food in all my life as I did that next morning. Sheesh!

    Anna: I'm glad you can relate to my Murtaugh list. I still listen to music loud, just not as loud as I used to when I lived in Leslie. I would blast it so loud that all 3 floors could hear it!
    I see both your comments, but I wasn't notified about them... hm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love that you take acid reflux pills everyday.
    i miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see where you're coming from with most of these, but I call challenge!! You are NEVER too old to make friends. Never! But everything else I'll let slide. Until you come to your senses and realize that you're in fact, NOT TOO OLD to confine yourself to anything.

    Love yoU!

    ReplyDelete