Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weekend listing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen and I have been married for almost 4 months.

CRAZY!

I don't want this to be a super mushy blog, or even a slightly mushy blog, but I was thinking earlier about all the things that I like about being married to Stephen. And so, today's list will be my favorite thing about being married.

Don't worry, I promise 2 things:
A) Nothing will be said that will make anyone feel the need for the 'awkward turtle' signal and
B) I will do my best to still make you laugh

What I like about being married to Stephen Cowden:
1. I like that we go to the store together every time
2. I like that Stephen and I will sometimes randomly burst into synchronized song
3. I like that I can convince Stephen to "dance" while I record the moment
4. I like that Stephen will usually fill up my water glass without me asking
5. I like that we watch awesome TV shows together (The Office, HIMYM, Arrested Development)
6. I like that we take turns making each other dinner
7. I like that we wake up at the same time to have breakfast and coffee together
8. I like that we will sometimes blog about very very VERY similar things (see Stephen's post from last night and then see mine)
9. I like that Stephen runs around the apartment opening and closing windows, trying to chase away the heat, cause I hate being too warm!
10. I like that Stephen lets me make up 100000000 nicknames for him each day
11. I like that we brush our teeth at the same time
12. I like that we go for walks and get milkshakes
13. I like that Stephen asks me if he stinks, because he's concerned about not repelling me
14. I like that we play board games and when he beats me (and I get bitter), he pretends it was just luck
15. I like that we work on projects* together
16. I like that Stephen is kind of a music nerd and we can appreciate each others' musical preferences
17. I like that Stephen can pick up his guitar and play just about anything: popular songs, random songs on our iTunes, hymns, etc...
18. I like that I can be super sarcastic and Stephen will still love me
19. I like that Stephen jokes with my sisters and parents and friends, as if he's always been a part of my life
20. I like that Stephen sometimes asks me if we can name our kids things like Rupert and other various names
21. I like that Stephen can be really mature and really immature and sometimes in-between. It keeps life interesting
22. I like that Stephen lets me take pictures of him and put them in a facebook album called 'Husby'
23. I like that Stephen takes the laundry to the laundry room as long as I fold it when it is finished
24. I like that we usually eat dinner on the couch instead of at the table
25. I like that Stephen usually has the kitchen table covered with one project or another
26. I like that we plan our meals/grocery shopping trips before we go (and that he lets me include 1 or 2 impulse items)
27. I like that Stephen was genuinely excited when I got my $1 tax refund from the state of Missouri
28. I like that I don't know what life with Stephen will be like in 5, 10, or 50 years. I like knowing that our plans can change, we can be spontaneous, we can do what we want. But what I like most is knowing that, no matter what life looks like down the road, I'll have Stephen.

(Ok, so that last bit was mushy. Sorry. I tried)

*I was going to post a picture of our completed project from today, but poor Farmer is having trouble... Maybe later.

1 comment:

  1. I had that total chick flick moment-- the one where the girls always go "awwww" when something sweet happens. I just wanted you to know, I am NOT an "awwww" girl (I think we should add them to the list of girl types-- with "woo" girls). Usually I smirk in chick flicks or roll my eyes. Usually I want to barf. But I enjoyed reading your list.

    And, $1 tax refund? Really?

    ReplyDelete