Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have the attention span of a... OH! Glitter!

My attention span has greatly shortened since my graduation from SBU.

I could blame this on my husband, but I think the blame lies with Texas.

And I thought I had a short attention span in college.

It's true. I did my fair share of procrastinating. I focused in classes pretty well, I think. Unless it was choir with Dr. Campbell. Oops.

But my attention is diverted so quickly now! And I think it's because I have been bored so often. While Stephen is at work, I search for jobs and play on FB. That's about it.

Sure, I clean up the apt, but it doesn't get too messy when I'm cleaning it 2 or 3 times a day...

We don't do a big breakfast or lunch, so I don't have much to do for or after those meals.

I've read all the books in my personal library since we moved here. But it took me DAYS to finish some books. Which is just silly, cause I used to be able to sit and read for hours! Just this week, I started reading The Great Gatsby, which is one of my favorites. I've had to stop after every chapter and do something else. I just can't get hooked. Maybe it's cause I've read it so many times?

Stephen's attention span has decreased too, but I don't think he is as bad as me yet. We sometimes watch a movie with or after dinner, but in the last 2 weeks we haven't made it straight through any of them. We pause them and do other things. Tonight we watched X-Men III: The Last Stand, and I think we paused it about 8 times. To make dinner, to get seconds, to refill our water, to clean up after dinner, to go to the bathroom, to frost a cake I made earlier today (strawberry with chocolate frosting! YUM.), to play on FB. And it's been this way for weeks.

When did I put up the post about our super secret project? Um, like a month ago?? Yeah, it's still not done. I think we work on it maybe every other day... Maybe. We sit down to work on it and end up having staring contests or with Stephen asking for a back rub or me asking him to scratch my back...

I try to listen to music... but I always feel like I need to do something with my hands or sing really really loudly. I usually opt for sing really really loudly, until I fear people 6 blocks away can hear me. But I tend to view this like a child: if I can't see them, they can't hear me.

The last 2 or 3 days, I haven't even had the focus to write a full blog post for all of you! I'd be so distracted that it would be 11:30 before I'd remember I hadn't blogged and then I'd type some silly little nothing just so I could say I blogged... I apologize, loyal fans. I apologize.

And I know what you are thinking, "Today is Saturday! Where is my super favorite Weekend Listing??" Well, I am so attention-diverted that I didn't realize I should be typing a Weekend Listing till I hit enter after that last paragraph... Boo.

Ok, Weekend Listing, Weekend Listing... What can I list??

Got it! Here are the top five places I wish I could go out to eat:
5. Panera
4. Chipotle
3. Red Robin
2. Coldstone Creamery
And the number one place: Outback Steakhouse!

I know, that was like the lamest WL ever, but you all love me! So it's ok.

And now I must leave.

Turtle!
Umbrella!
Whiskey!

P.S. A special shout-out to my super awesome sister, Sarah, who has been GBWE-ing (Golden Birthday Weekend Extravaganza) it up this weekend (and will continue tomorrow) in honor of her 25th birthday! Sister, tomorrow I will have a very special Weekend Listing-Sunday style- in honor of you! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment