Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sounds

Today was a long day, so you all get a short post. So I've decided to share with you the top 10 sounds I find more appealing than the sound my phone makes when the battery is low:

10. Car alarms
9. Sniffling
8. Scraping spoons on stainless steel cookware
7. Dogs barking
6. That low pitched humming noise that you aren't quite sure where it's coming from
5. Water dripping from the faucet
4. Almost on-key but still off-key music
3. Loud gum chewing
2. The garbage truck shaking a dumpster (usually at 4 in the morning!)
1. Dial-up internet

4 comments:

  1. I used to sing along to the tune of "dial-up internet". How I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I hear car alarms, I think of Dane Cook and his song about car alarms.

    Good stuff, good stuff.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, SIL. And when I hear tires screech I run to the window in anticipation of a crash.

    You know, at our apartment we regularly hear numbers 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10. It's a veritable noise dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6 comes from the surreptitious audio recording devices placed in every dwelling by Big Brother. Yours must be 1984 technology, which causes the hum. Just be glad you don't have the 1984 version of the video devices, they have a very irritating mini-strobe.

    ReplyDelete