Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

If there is one thing I love, it is rain. (also, my husband and family and friends... ok, i love lots of things, but this is about rain!)

Rainsticks are fun, but I prefer the real deal.

Rain is one of my very closest friends. I think my years in Washington gave me an extra bit of appreciation for precipitation.

Although, let's get something straight. I am not a fan of all precipitation.
I mostly just like rain.

I don't really like snow all that much, or hail, or that weird freezing rain thing that Missouri liked to do.

But I do like rain. And the one thing that makes rain better is thunder and lightning! I love thunder storms. The best thing is to crawl into bed with a comfy blanket, and listen to the rain pitter-patter on the eves, and see the bright flashes of lightning slash through the sky, while loud peals of thunder shake the world.

Our little apartment is being doused right now, and thunder is booming outside, and the lightning so bright we almost don't need lights.

I want to go walk in the rain.

But I would probably get cold, and would definitely get soggy.

So I will settle for enjoying the rain from inside our cozy warm apartment.

:)

1 comment:

  1. You might also get struck by lightning if you went outside in a storm... But I do love a good storm and rain! (As long as I'm not trying to keep my hair straight)

    Here is my list of least favorite weather patterns (in no particular order)
    1. Wind
    2. Mist
    3. Ice
    4. Snow
    5. Windy mist
    6. Windy snow
    7. Windy ice

    Pretty much I hate the wind.

    ReplyDelete