Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am old.

Yes, older than dirt.

I know I have written several posts about being old and stuff, and it's because I am super duper old feeling.

For example, I slept about 9 hours last night. And I woke up thinking, "What did I just do? I slept way too long!"

As a teen, you can never sleep too long.

Stephen and I worked at the bookstore this afternoon, 12-5, which is the whole time the store is open on Saturdays. We spent some time rearranging shelves and every time I knelt down, I creaked. And getting back up I creek ed.

I don't remember being so creaky as a teen.

This evening we went on a date. Yes, a Date. Dinner, ice cream, and a movie!

Dinner was BBQ from Uncle Dan's restaurant. While it was good, I had no veggies. This troubled me.

When a teen, no veggies = happy.

We went to see Iron Man 2. It was loud. I came home with a roaring headache. Literally, a lion is inside my head, roaring.

And then, I am sitting here typing this blog, and the light from my screen is killing me.

It's also past 11pm and I am sleepy.

I'M SO OLD.

I'm too old for this stuff: kneeling on the floor, no veggies at dinner, loud movies in the theatre.
I'm just too old for this stuff.

I am not, however, too old for: dates with my husband, vanilla Frostys, or texting my friends.

And now, I will move my old bones to bed. Partly cause I want to sleep instead of hear my headache-lion and partly cause I am old and sleepy and have to get up early.

3 comments:

  1. You're not old-- you're just becoming more mature. That's what I like to think...

    It also helps when you are the youngest child in your family-- makes me appreciate my age.

    But I know what you mean about the creaking! When I do squats or lunges on the Wii fit all I can hear is the disgusting cracking and creaking noises coming from my ankles and knees. It literally makes me want to throw up. So I have to turn up the TV volume or talk or hum to drown out the sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're old, I guess that makes me ancient. At least people don't think you have 18 yr old children...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to think I'm old until I HAVE to wear Depends. Now if I wear them it's because I chose to, not that I had to. However, they would make long road trips much easier!

    ReplyDelete