Monday, August 9, 2010

Booooooooooooo

Texas is 100000000000 degrees.

This is not an exaggeration.

Waco is so hot, I literally want to never leave my apartment.

We are in desperate need of groceries.

But I do not want to go to Wal-Mart-- it is hot.

I have to work.

I do not want to go to work-- it is hot.

I've moved over to the other store since Stephen has been officially promoted.

It might actually be ok-- except that it is hot.

The AC on one side of the store is broken.

Which side, you ask??

The side with all the boxes of textbooks that have to be shelved.

Death!

Stephen has been sick. Fever of over 100 for the last 5ish days.

It makes him cold sometimes. Shivery cold.

And I am an inferno.

ALL THE TIME.

I feel so bad for my sickey husband.

I want to help him to feel better.

But I can hardly hug him because he's so warm!

I suppose that some things in the world are worse than heat.

But I can't think of any-- it is so hot.

I sometimes put a wet towel in the freezer and wait for it to freeze and then put it on my head.

Like right now.

Cause it is so hot.

Texas needs to have central air installed inside the state.

Or build a heat resistant bubble over the top.

I have spoken.

4 comments:

  1. Ok. This. Was. Hilarious.

    I hate being hot-- so I totally understand your pain.

    My favorite part was the frozen towel. I literally laughed aloud. And the title of the blog-- classic!

    Hope it starts to cool down now that August is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah right. Cool down in August. I wish. Try October. Maybe. We looked at apartments last October and it was still like in the 80's. People have told us that August gets worse. It's been in the triple digits for almost a week, with no sign of going below 95 anytime soon...

    That frozen towel would be my best friend if it didn't thaw out after 7 minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I'm still laughing about that frozen towel... You guys should move back up to KC area. It's cooler up here. Plus, we could hang out like every other weekend. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to move up to the KC area! We'd be closer to you, closer to Emily, closer to Stephen's family and the adorable neice... And it's much much much cooler in MO. I wanna hang out every other weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete