Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

Well, I'm going to be cliche for a moment.

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year.

I love fall, cooler weather, sweaters, and all that.

I love spending time with people I love, like my super awesome husband.

Being in Texas has made me realize how blessed I have been and still am today.

While I am far from my family and most of my friends, God gave me Stephen.

And even though it's been a tough almost-year for the two of us, I would not trade our first year of marriage for anything.

I am thankful for computers and Internet-- thanks to Skype, I was able to see my family and talk to them yesterday. My mom, my Nanny, and my 2 sisters (Dad was sleeping off the turkey)

I am thankful for airplanes-- Stephen's parents were able to come visit and we got to share an early Thanksgiving with them.

I am thankful for cell phones-- Though I am many miles from my closest friends, I can text and talk to them regularly.

I am thankful for the people that we have met here in Texas-- it was very lonely our first few months in Waco, without a church family or friends. But now we have both! And Stephen and I both have good jobs, working with good people.

God has been so faithful and I am confident that He will continue to be faithful.

To all of my friends and family, I love you!

And I hope you all had happy Thanksgivings!

1 comment:

  1. And I am thankful for my matey-soul and how wonderful she is! I love you!

    ReplyDelete